- Provide an overview of the key challenges and trends in the provision of services related to early childhood intervention and support to children, education, employment and independent living.
- Discuss the key recommendations for how authorities can build sustainable community-based services in non-EU countries.
- Launch the EASPD report on the needs and trends in social service provision in Armenia, Albania, Moldova, North Macedonia and Turkey.
- Debate how the European Union can play an active role in supporting the development of CSOs, including through funding opportunities, and their dialogue with public authorities.
- Establish agreements for future cooperation among service providers in the regions.
Report: OECD Policy Responses to Coronavirus (COVID-19) COVID-19 crisis response in Eastern Partner countries by the OECD
This note considers the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic in the Eastern Partner countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Republic of Moldova, and Ukraine). It analyses the economic and social impacts, as well as policy responses to contain the spread of the virus and help households and businesses weather the crisis. Finally, a menu of policy options is considered for supporting small and medium-sized enterprises in the short and medium terms, with a particular focus on digitalisation. Read more